Can't join my friend's lan server

I can’t join my friend’s lan server, he just got a new computer and it have worked perfectly fine before, when he makes a world and opens to lan it pops up like 192.168.#.##:12345 (for example) and then i enter that in the “Direct Connect” it just says “Connecting to server” and then after like 20 seconds it says like “Can’t connect to server: connect” or something like that, and it works fine with regular minecraft if i try joining him, it works perfectly fine, please help!

bump

Make sure you have the same version of the pack and also post logs from both the client acting as server and the client trying to connect.

Instructions for getting logs are found here:
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/faq/

Sorry i’m pretty bad at this but what does that mean? [quote=“grandrolf, post:3, topic:32624”]
and also post logs from both the client acting as server and the client trying to connect.
[/quote]

Read the instructions for getting log, and do that.

Well where’s getting log?

If you can’t read instructions, the I can’t help you out.

Nevermind, the only problem i had was, i couldn’t find the place where to allow programs through firewall, (or however you say), it’s working fine now.

Do you have any clue why i can’t make topics? when i hover over my cursor over the New Topic button, it becomes gray, why?

Have you tried pressing it?

hahaha