3.0.2 twitch launcher crash on getting into game when overclocked pc

ftb infinity

modpack version 1.7.10

Launcher Version 3.0.2 twitch launcher

only changed to pack as I added galacticraft 1.7.10

hi guys cant seem to find anything that resembles my issue hope you can help, I have posted the top part of the crash log that seems to be a java issue, in a nut shell if my rig is running standard clocks it will run the game and boot up fine, soon as I put a clock to my rig it will crash soon as I log into my server (get into game and then crash) wit the following message,

my rig is high end so no issues with cpu, gpu, nor memory got a 1070TI gpu, cpu is 9700K I7, and 32G of corsair vengeance pro.

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000006fdcb5dc, pid=2656, tid=15884

JRE version: Java™ SE Runtime Environment (8.0_51-b16) (build 1.8.0_51-b16)

Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (25.51-b03 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)

Problematic frame:

V [jvm.dll+0x3fb5dc]

Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

Stop overclocking?
(and/or make sure you’re tuning it right, have latest and correct drivers etc.)

hi, I am not a complete novice when it comes to overclocking as I have been building for years, the system is all up to date and everything. I have been playing a friends server a while ago and I thought I will get one setup on mine after I just built this rig.

Good, then you know what to do to tweak until it doesn’t crash anymore. As you’re then aware of - even if it works in one scenario (with one or more games), it doesn’t mean that it works with all games.

very true there, just couldn’t get my head around why it does it with just mc and doesn’t with anything else, as from looking at the error script it came across as a java issue or possible memory allocation to the game itself ?

You could try running the jar launcher with the latest java 8 installed on your system instead of native one (uses the bundled 51-version) - and see if that helps.

Instructions for switching to Jar launcher (open the link, there’s more instructions than just the preview):

And latest Java 8 64-bit:
https://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=236888_42970487e3af4f5aa5bca3f542482c60

Also check eventviewer and se if there’s anything standing out at the timestamp around the crash.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.